Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recap of 11 months


Well I'm finally committing to keeping an a virtual album of Mini Kumar's achievements that's I've only been able to keep on Babycenter.com.  Though I've been good about writing in the dates of first smiles, foods and such, I'd like to write down in detail the things that make my husband and I laugh out loud to the times when she just melts our hearts with a "hi!" 

Not going too far back in time, Hana has been keeping us entertained with her constant mimicking of sounds such as "biaper" for diaper and the constant, "hi" or "hi there!"  I love waking up and peeking in at her in her crib at 7 am, saying, "Hi.  Hi.  Hi." to her stuffed dog or little lamb.  She is now saying hello to just about anything with a face - babies in books, Kendall (our golden retriever) and even the teapot with a smile printed on it.  We have a social butterfly on our hands!

Hana finally has two top teeth, can take up to 6 steps solo, throws a ball overhand into targets like her shape bucket and toy basket.  She's also moving onto whole milk - I've been pretty adamant about her organic eating habits so we've toyed with 2 grass-fed cow options.  My favorite, feels like a throwback to the Lassie days of milkmen at your door, but so far, so good.  The only downside is the glass jugs only come in 1/2 gallons, have a very very short shelf life and are quite heavy.  You'd think having an almost toddler at your hip would build up those muscles - not so much.

The next big transition aside from the big birthday party ahead is moving to a cup.  I'm still on the fence about sippy vs. straw vs. whatever else my books and resources tell me.  I have heard great things about the Nuby and I'd like to try that before moving onto the Zolibot - though I do love the teething sticks from the latter we bought for Hana a few months ago.  Coupled with the Sophie and Chan squeakers, teething hasn't been too big of an issue.  Thought I'd end my posts with some items I love (both for baby and sometimes for moms like me).

1. Blabla dolls and accessories (we have two dolls and the fruit shaker set - she loves them all, especially this one). Giant Blabla

2. Leslie Patricelli books - exploring the world of opposites has never been so simple and engaging.  We have at least 5 of her books and Hana can spend 10 minutes just "reading" to herself.  Hana's Library

3. Sesame Street Elmo remote - I know there are parents out there opposed to anything with batteries, but we actually really enjoy this toy... it may even be partially responsible for Hana learning to say, "hi there" (a la Ernie).  Sesame Street & Co.

4. Egg by Susan Lazar -  here's a pair of great leggings to pair with any tunic -  wish this print came in adult sizes

5. Kate Quinn organics - we have bibs, crib sheets (in jersey), and LOTS of sleeping gowns, kimono tops, soft pants, and dresses ready to be brought out once the sun shines.  organic heaven

6. livingsocial.com - purchased ten 1/2 price yoga classes for my current studio, as well as a couples massage for the hubs and I for next weekend.  not bad I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment